Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Voices




Today was a good day. I got to thinking of all those brave people who have no voice. People from the past and today. Voices, speak it so.

Voices

Voices speaking from yonder room
a time gone by lost too soon
voice of struggle and listless woe
swept away by long ago

I mourn for ones who never had
The chance to find their voice in part
Sadness overcame today
For voices lost and far away

My own voice silent, no word at hand
No stand to call to take a stand
No use of fingerprint voice of God
 a silent void, fear never allowed

no offer now of happy ending
of golden voices crescendo ascending
instead I think of voices past
they whisper, awaken voice to start

someday I think I will be too late
that my voice in prison will never escape
today I know to make a stand
and hold my voice like child in hand

do you speak it loudly, speak it low
I tell you speak it, I tell you so
Give heart to love attentive ear
Crack open word, ring voices near

Today I listened to craft story tell
Of life and death, a heaven and hell
My voice in prison overcome
My Silent chains by voice undone

For in the beginning but never the end
Come voices past, speak through again
You Saints of burden long ago
Speak clear voice loud, speak it so



No comments:

Post a Comment