Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Other Side

Written in quick shot form. A falling from and towards the Creator. Still falling still.


The Other Side

Along the jotted line I wrote
About my life repast unquote
Too small the pencil called to me
I cannot hear, I cannot see

What door or road did you travel by?
 tempted to journey to the other side?
Forsaking Mary and the Saints
Depart from grace fall deep descent?

O voice of pen stay quiet, still
No stark ascent no upward hill
no longer hear the words you write
No longer tell me what is right

As days of old in Reformation
I now claim my self-determination
My Catholic heart so true inside
Now journeys to the other side

Hope in call is service sent
To love this world with self intent
Brave justice courage truth alive
Have always dwelled on the other side

No longer Church will I align
Instead of state I will deny
From only here from one on in
I answer only to the King

No comments:

Post a Comment