Saturday, September 4, 2010

New Shoes

New Shoes

The distant gentle calling back
A time I do remember
When journey life at last was named
A leaving of false shelter

Now time to stand now time to go
My journey calls me either
The river deep fear path begins
New shoes to brave life’s weather

No try to thought or had a need
To wake loss with loud thunder
To kiss again for one last time
 And send to sleepless slumber

Path through walk in sick and kind
Stumble time to falter
Stop and think of words kind unkind
We spoke to one another

Hard nailed boots forth feet so sturdy
A way to self and other
Where journey now I seek to find
Will other people follow?

Pathway find a journey forth
Peace justice sister brother
A greater kinder kingdom time
To love one and each other

I used to walk with head bowed down
Seeking gold, knee deep in sin
Now I walk with head held high
I bow only to my King

No comments:

Post a Comment