Monday, October 4, 2010

Augustine.



My Construction Theology class throws me in many directions. I love it. I have written so much about the body and Augustine in this last week that I am pleasantly perplexed... Augustine, you ole devil you....


Augustine

Augustine were you happy?
Did anybody cry?
Did you pull the sheets above your head
as you lay in wait to die?

Did anybody hold your hand?
Did they bring you wine and bread?
Did you worry what would happen
when you said hello to death?

I sometimes read confessions with
and air of I don't care
but I know you wrote some dazzle worthy
lines, like God's brushstrokes on air

I would have sat beside you
I would have held your hand
I would have watched you write your books
host the Holy marching band!

I know your in the garden talking to the snake
i know the snake is glad
to find his long lost found 
soul mate

Augustine don't you worry
Augustine, don't you care
Augustine pull the covers off
rise up, you are not dead

forget now I will do for you
go on and just let go
of sin and body mind and head
and have that beer instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment