Sunday, October 10, 2010

Columbus




Columbus

Ships sailed into the bay today
Like Columbus did so yesterday
The sun shined forth with warm brush ray
O herald the sojourn on pilgrim path way

The Blue Jets flew rush wind overhead
With noise so wide it would waken the dead
People gathered to gaze at light evening star
To watch tall ships sail from near and afar

I sat and watched as visitor do
With sun blaze overhead in sunshine blue
Like Columbus who travelled through oceans and land
We travel long distance and what did we find?

I sailed here today on the back of a whale
As I returned with my stories, wonders and tale
Of the ships and the bay, so wide and so blue
Of gates that are golden and always anew

My ships do not battle or travel too far
My Blue Jets are silent and never at war
The people who gather are one of one mind
That peace in our world is ever to find

Columbus set sail and follow the stars
Set our course for a world that will never know war
Let weary and wounded and broken things mend
And ever and always let war come to an end


No comments:

Post a Comment