Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Reading Week

Reading Week

A time to wait to catch my breath
To float in flow with life and death
Time stop track, time slow to turn
to give my soul a chance to learn

I spent my time with a glass of wine
With friends and beer in stand good cheer
We visited times in turn gone by
And swam in waters that warmed me dry

We spoke of God and countries far
And why people are so drawn to war
What future has life set in store
Foe we are not people of this shore

We gathered softly warm intent
To gaze on God’s sweet love intent
These days are life grown fully sown
To thank life that we do not live alone

So rest and wade and sleep these days
Lest your eye in self, with drowsy gaze
A willing release of life ease slow
To ready self when it is time to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment