Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Wear The Crown



Wear the Crown
Wear the crown I heard him say
Let all else be as naught
Go wander over far off land
And find the king you sought
Forget the moon and sun and stars
And look for all else fails
Consider not that you are lost
lay waste to fear flung tales

And did I fall in winter stillness
And hit my head apon the ground?
Did vision rage within my head of
Ghostly king and shining crown?
O no, my fall was heaven sent
A gift to one who answers
The table set, arms outstretched to
Welcome home the stranger.

Three crowns were there among the gutter
When open eye I saw but one
I could not fathom or consider that someday
I would be the one
I wear a crown apon my head
A testimony to my life
I have no need for fear or doubt
Jesus is my Christ.

            

No comments:

Post a Comment