Thursday, August 19, 2010

Call: Answer

So. These last two years have involved a lot of thought about Call and Answer. This week is a time to begin putting flesh to words. My writing reflects my inability to grasp what Call/Answer is. This is a very good thing.


Call: Answer

 Call is soft as listless snow
Its breath stings like a knife
Bright wind it tolls and carries forth
Alone by dead of night

It comes upon a winter morn
And stays till summer time
It leaves in sleep and comes again
Among the morning tide

The call is loud I sometimes hear
The sound is warm and gentle
It breaks myself into a space
Where dwells the Spirits Temple

I have a call hear it loud
It frightens me to wander
It holds my life in endless flight
My soul takes leave to wonder

It finds in me a resting place
It lays its weary head
By day, by night my prayer to call
Will raise me from the dead

Call cries to find a dwelling place
To call one self a home
My life on earth I give to call
My answer is my own

No comments:

Post a Comment