Saturday, February 4, 2012

A Light Through The Window

A light through the window

The window beckoned me with a place to rest,
a place to be, a stillness to believe and a future to hope.
I remember of times past and thought of my future.
I asked the light to never leave, to stay with me as I continue on.
I remember the warmth of my past and how we all can be warm
lights in this world.

I took time and then the light took leave.
It stayed long enough for me to have hope, to be strong 
and not to give in. I needed to know this,
I need it more than anything.

We are all windows and sometimes we have no choice
in who looks within, we cannot decide to have only the sun,
for sometimes the light diminishes and becomes tempest and storm.

Thank you bright light, thank you God for believing in me.
Help me believe and let my unbelief do glorious and wonderful deeds in your name.
To the light and all who dwells within its warmth, I thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment