Friday, December 10, 2010

The Annunciation

The Annunciation

Time to knock, live in do tell
what issued forth from beggars hands?
What woven casting spell the earth
heaven colliding understand

The meeting of minds one life being
that day the angel stood and asked,
the day God began to be seen and more
a mere soft touch on human door

She did not wait by the telephone
she never heard it ring
instead she heard the voices cry, 
she heard the voices sing

She understood that asking is and ever shall it be
like a stone that flung on pebble rock
a stone thats cast at sea

I hear you call I understand
we both can see to tell
the spell I cast from my own held hand
is not a road to hell

Annunc to me, I say to you
in land break forth the tide
enlist the life of todays one choice
and find no more to hide

So if you hear the good news joy
rejoice for evermore
and listen always take heed to hear
the knock upon your door

No comments:

Post a Comment