Monday, November 22, 2010

Fall




I don't have the stomach to write about Ireland's situation at the moment, but I had to write something. I am so proud to be Irish but so sad to think that we ended up like this... 

Fall

We were once a nation
That stood to stand so tall
How sad this day that I have lived
To watch as you now fall

Our churches did desert us
Politicians died to lie
We voted devils into place
Now our death rings out, you die

No hand to hold or cling to
A leper we have to die
A country bound and sacrificed
But the banks and devils lie

I hate the politicians
 the people who vote them in
The disgust I have is not suppressed
It’s just a worthless lie

Too little good too little
O little lies you tell
You grew fat and took our dignity
 send us now to IMF hell

So, now we have new rulers
New rulers to rule us all
I hope that you are happy
Fuck the banks that made us fall

I will now remember
I will not forget
I know now that you fat cats lie
Let you carry now our debt.

Go to hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment